Instructions for XXL validation
1. Open the file.
2. Add comments for the segments you want to change. Note! Please be clear when writing comments.
3. Click Deliver and close the file when finished. You may need to close the file manually. Then proceed with the next file, if you have more than one to review.
Open the file for validation
Click the link in the e-mail you received from your project manager. That takes you directly to the assigned document.
Note! There is one link to each file in the e-mail. More than one link means there are more then one file to review.
You can also log in directly at the webTrans page, se instructions here:
File open for validation
(1) There may be more than one page to validate for large files. Use the arrow buttons to jump between pages.
(2) Click View pane to show/hide the preview (8).
(3) Click here to, if needed, make a comment for the file, for example "No changes needed".
(4) Click here to enter comments for the segment.
(5) You can change the size of the windows by placing the cursor on lines and drag until they are the size you want. This is useful, if you for example find that the Comment dialogue is hiding the text.
(6) This column contains the source text (can't be changed).
(7) This column contains the translation (can't be changed).
(8) This is the Preview of the file, where you might be able to see pictures and details about the article, if available.
(9) Click Deliver to deliver the validated file.
Is it not possible to deliver document?
Close the files and send your PM a message that you are finished with the files.
How to add comments
There are two ways to add a comment for a segment.
Mark the word(s) you want to comment or change in the text and click the pen.
This automatically creates a comment with the text you marked. Click the balloon icon (see picture below) to open the comment.
Write your changes/comments in the field (1), and then click Add comment (2).
Your change/comment will be shown on top of the old.
Click close to close the dialogue and continue the validation.
Click the balloon icon for the segment. In the dialogue that opens, write your changes and comments in the yellow-marked field and click Add comment.