Instructions for validation in memoQ Webtrans
1. Click the link you have received in a mail to open the file for validation.
2. Make changes and/or add comments for the segments you want to change. Note! Please be clear when writing comments.
3. Click Deliver and close the file when finished.
4. Proceed with the next link/file, if you have received more than one to review.
5. Send your PM an email when you finished all files.
Open the file for validation
Click the link in the e-mail you received from the project manager at Kommunicera. There is no need to install any software. The link takes you directly to the assigned document in memoQ Webtrans in your browser. You only need to enter the login you recieved in the mail.
Note! There is one link to each file in the e-mail. More than one link means there are more than one file to review. Each file needs to be delivered separately.
You can also log in directly at the webTrans page, see instructions here:
Overview of the editor
(1) There may be more than one page to review for large files. Use the arrow buttons to jump between pages.
(2) Click View pane to show/hide the preview (8). (For some files there is no preview.)
(3) Click here to make a comment for the whole file, for example "No changes needed".
(4) Click on the balloon icon to enter comments for this specific segment. See ”How to add comments” below.
(5) You can change the size of the windows by placing the cursor on lines and drag until they are the size you want. This is useful, if you for example find that the Comment dialogue is hiding the text.
(6) This column contains the source text (can't be changed).
(7) This column contains the translation (can be changed).
(8) Translation result - red hits = translation memory, blue hits = termbase (if applicable).
(9) This is the Preview of the file, where you might see pictures and the texts if applicable.
(10) Click Deliver to deliver the reviewed file.
How to edit segments
How to add comments
There are two ways to add a comment for a segment, for the whole segment or for just a part of it.
Mark the word(s) you want to comment or change in the text and click the pen.
This automatically creates a comment with the text you marked. Click the balloon icon (1) to open the comment.
Write your changes/comments in the field (2), and then click Add comment (3).
Your added change/comment will be shown on top of any old comment.
Click close to close the dialogue and continue the review.
Click the balloon icon for the segment. In the dialogue that opens, you write your changes and comments directly in field (2). Then click Add comment (3) and close (4) to add the text and close the comment.
Deliver the file
Use Deliver (1) to send the validated file back to our server.
Every link you have recieved is a separate file for validation. Please make sure you validate and deliver all of them.
Send an e-mail about the delivery to the project manager when you have finished the review of all files.
Do you get an error message when trying to deliver the document?
Please check that all segments are confirmed (green). Use Ctrl + Enter to confirm edited segments. If this does not help, please close the file and send your contact at Kommunicera a message that you are finished.
These instructions contains the basic steps for validating translations in memoQ Webtrans.
Please see the help section for further information about more advanced functions and settings that you might find relevant.
You find the help in the upper left corner of Webtrans:
Or contact the project manager at Kommunicera for further assistance.